eRecyclingCorps (eRC) is the world’s leading provider of carrier-grade wireless device trade-in solutions. Founded in 2009 to provide a scalable model to repurpose and reuse perceptually obsolete devices, eRC partners with global wireless carriers and retailers to provide instant, in-store trade-in credit. eRC renews devices to stringent certification standards and sells them to consumers in developing countries at an affordable price thereby bridging the digital divide. eRC has completed more than 10 million wireless trade-ins worldwide since 2009. With its recent purchases of Zone Impact and Flipswap, eRC now operates in 10 countries and more than 10,000 retail locations worldwide and is a founding member of the Device Renewal Forum.
We started eRecyclingCorps to aggressively attack the problem of e-waste.
Our approach is simple: recognize the value of these devices, reward consumers for trading in their mobile devices, renew the devices and establish a global after-market to support the reuse of wireless devices, especially in the developing world where they are needed most. eRecyclingCorps is pioneering the establishment of large-scale wireless phone trade-in programs in a way that is highly scalable yet also recognizes the unique needs of companies and their customers.
eRecyclingCorps believes that by transforming the wireless device ecosystem through rewarding, renewing and reusing, we’re not only benefiting the environment, but creating an economic opportunity for everyone who participates.
eRecyclingCorps is uniquely positioned to be the leader in transforming the global wireless ecosystem:
- We have created a simple way for companies to reward customers at the point of sale for trading in their used devices, resulting in improved customer loyalty and reduction of wireless e-waste
- Our leading-edge technology enables high volume, low cost collection, processing and redistribution of reusable wireless devices around the world
- Our unique web-based platform optimizes ease of use for online and in-store collection while providing superior fraud control and reporting
- The solutions are customizable and can support large-scale operations, resulting in a reliable and predictable stock of high-quality wireless devices
- The global marketplace experience of our management team is unique to eRecyclingCorps, giving us an understanding of each customer and the ability to customize a solution that is tailored to their needs, whether they are a manufacturer, seller, buyer, carrier, distributor, retailer or consumer.